SS Great Eastern (Uncredited)
I don't want to take away from the awesomeness of the article, but apart from the terrific post-apocalyptic vibe of the photo, the ship's specifications are breathtaking, especially considering that it was constructed in 1858 - more than a half century before the Titanic was launched (unlike Titanic, Great Eastern was double-hulled, and survived a collision far worse than that which sunk the famous White Star liner).
- Length: 207 meters (608 feet)
- Beam (width): 25 meters (83 feet)
- Crew: 418
- Passengers: 4,000
- Weight: 22,000 tons
- A tribe of water-breathing mutants are using a submerged shipwreck as a base to terrorize nearby settlements, but none of the victims are aware of their attackers' amphibious nature - or of the nearby wreck!
- A massive storm blows through the area, beaching a long-lost wreck near a peaceful seaside or lakefront community. The wreck was powered by a nuclear reactor that is now leaking - and various cryptic alliances are maneuvering to secure the wreck and/or its power source!
- The adventurers stumble across a grounded ancient shipwreck and become trapped inside it with its hungry, mutant denizens!
- Lost at sea, the adventurers come across a massive, floating wreck of a pleasure cruise ship. The ship's malfunctioning AI is intent on keeping the party aboard to fulfill its entertainment directives - despite the fact that a massive storm that will sink the vessel is fast approaching!
- A mysterious derelict vessel floats into view of a waterfront community; over the next several days locals begin to disappear. A week later a scouting party from the community encounters and kills a hostile cyborg - and find that it's one of the missing townspeople!
- Records unearthed by the Restorationists tell the tale of a vast trove of ancient weapons aboard the wreck of a great vessel that's fairly easily accessible - except for being several miles inside of hostile Knights of Genetic Purity/Ranks of the Fit/Friends of Entropy territory!